Popular with those that enjoy the outdoors and amongst DIY enthusiasts Flex tape seems to almost have it all.
With so many other tapes out there, why use Flex Tape?
It is all about matching the right tape with the right task. In some cases it would not be a good idea to use flex tape.
- When the tape needs to be waterproof.
- You need something that can be used in a wide weather/temperature range – from 20°F/-6°C to 120°F/48°C.
- You want a tape that is UV resistant.
- You are looking for an environmentally friendly tape.
- A leaky roof, gutter or spouting.
- Great for outdoor DIY type of repairs e.g inflatable boats, most air mattresses, Canoes etc.
- Many emergency/temporary hose repairs.
Not recommended for:
- Radiator hoses
- If you need to paint over the top of it (most paints won’t stick to it)
- Tire repairs (due to the excessive pressure)
- A tank that houses hazardous substances e.g gas or oil
Where to buy Flex Tape?
The easy and quick place to buy this tape is online from sites such as Amazon.
How to Apply the Tape?
You can find more detailed directions on the manufacturers site but the basic instructions are:
- To cut it you will need a sharp pair of scissors and a clean surface.
- Peel off the tape
- Stick it to the surface firmly
- Seal it by pressing down to remove any air pockets or bubbles
Warning: This tape is only intended to be used for emergency repairs. We recommend that you use a permanent solution as soon as possible. As a result of this be very careful and use at your own risk.