Some tapes can handle high temperatures and some cannot. It can take a long time to sort through all the different brands and find out what the temperature ranges are.
3D Printing is one of the popular uses of high temperature Kapton tapes and number 4 on our list is popular for that.
To withstand high temperatures you will find that tapes are made of special materials like polyimide/katpton and aluminum.
This article will take a look at what we consider to be some of the best high-temperature tapes you can buy.
If you have a favorite that you have used successfully let us know and we can look at adding it to the list.
Here are our top 5 (in no particular order):
1 – XFasten Professional Aluminum Foil Tape
- General HVAC ductwork maintenance
- Can be used as an insulator, cooling pad and heat sink
The manufacturer states that this tape can handle from 40°F/4.4°C to 200°F/93.3°C
2 – ProTapes Pro 950 Polyimide Film Tape
- Cross-over insulation and out wraps
- Wave solder masking of printed circuit boards
- Ground, barrier and phase insulation
This tape is designed for temperatures of up to 350°F/180°C
3 – Foxnovo High Temperature Heat Resistant Kapton Tape Polyimide Tape
- Protecting sensitive printed circuit board (PCB) components such as gold leads and gold fingers during the process of wave soldering
- Electrical insulation for transformer, motor, coil, capacitor and frequency conversion power supply in electronic industry
This tape has a heat resistance of up to 530°F/280°C
4 – Nulink Kapton Polyimide Heat High-Temperature Resistant Adhesive Gold Tape
- 3D Printers
- Electrical tasks
- BGA heating
- Soldering task
5 – Scotch® Aluminum Foil Tape 3311
- Ductwork maintenance
- General Repairs
This tape can be used in all sorts of weather.
It is suitable for a wide range of temperatures from -10°F/12.2°C to 180°F/82.2°C
Getting the right tape
Make sure that you get professional advice for critical applications from a certified engineer.