Most of us have pulled a hamstring at one time or another. It is a very common injury.
To tape an injured hamstring is not difficult and can be done in just a few minutes.
The best tape to use for taping a hamstring injury is KT Tape.
If you would prefer to watch the video instructions here it is:
How to tape your hamstring
- Lie on your back and place your foot up against a wall
- Tear off a ten inch strip of KT tape
- Place the tape beginning just above (closer to the ground) the pain point on your hamstring
- Lay the tape up your leg towards the knee without putting any tension on it
- At the highest point (near the knee) take one half of the tape and move it around the side of the pain point like a narrow V
- Take the other strip and unpeel it, then move it the opposite side of the pain point. Now you have a V
If you need extra taping you can also add tape around the leg in an adjacent manner however this is tough to do on your own and you will really need to watch the video and get some help.