If you are wondering what kind of tape boxers use to tape up their hands we cover it in this article and also show you where you can get it.
At the bottom of the post is a great instructional video showing you exactly how to do so.
Firstly you are going to need some equipment.
Equipment needed for taping hands for boxing:
It’s really important to have good solid padding for your knuckles, good wrist support, and don’t forget to wrap up the thumb.
How to Wrap Hands using Tape & Gauze for Amateur Boxing
Key points from the video:
- Never wrap the palm
- Protect the thumb
- Keep fingers open when wrapping
- It’s illegal to tape the knuckles
- You can (and should) tape between the knuckles
- Don’t be cheap on the tape or the gauze – your hands are too important
Here’s the thing..
It doesn’t matter how great a fighter you are, or even how fit you might be – if your hands get broken or injured whilst fighting you are not only down, you could be out for months. This basic preparation is very important.
There are many ways and techniques to wrap up your hands and this one of them.
Sore hands from Boxing
Getting sore hands from boxing is quite common. There are a few different things you can do to help alleviate symptoms including:
- Rest – Rest hands as much as possible. If you have a physical job you may need time off work
- Ice – Icing hands can help to reduce inflamation
- Soak – Similar to icing soaking can help ease pain
As always seek the advice of a medical professional as they are the only ones that can give specific and targeted help for your particular problem.