Duct tape, also know as duck tape, is a cloth backed tape. The tape is normally polyethylene coated.
Duct tape is well known for how easy it is to tear, and for its strength.
Rumor has it that it was originally called duck tape because of the way water doesn’t stick to the fabric surface – just like water slides off a ducks back.
Every household should have a role of duct tape handy. Even astronauts have used duct tape on the moon to repair the fender on a moon buggy.
What is Duct Tape Good For
There are so many things that you can use duct tape for that it is impossible to list them all. Some popular uses include:
- Fixing broken car parts. E.g broken rear view mirror, or windshield
- Temporary fix for leaking hoses or pipes
- Covering school books
- Fixing broken sports equipment
- Lines on a sports ground
- All manner of crafts
- Getting rid of warts
Not Recommended For
- Anything that is going to get hot – the adhesive doesn’t bond as well when heat is applied
- It’s not water proof (it is water resistant)
- Do not use it for electrical work (use electrical tape instead)
Where to Buy it?
You can buy it at your local hardware store or even easier, buy it on Amazon:
Check prices on Duck Brand All-Purpose Duct Tape.
Final Verdict On Duct Tape
Make sure you always have some of this tape around the house and put a roll in the car as well.
Although it can be used for many things, it is not the answer to everything so make sure you pay attention to what we have listed in the not recommended for section.